Thursday, December 13, 2012

Natural Hair: Flat twist out

Yesterday instead of studying for my test, and while watching Law and Order SVU I felt inspired to do my hair. Nothing too complicated just a simple flat twist out.

My hair had been in a low bun for a day after co-washing it so it was dry and stretched (using the bun method, tutorial here). I sprayed my hair lightly with water, then used some of Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothing and finally coconut oil to seal in the moisture.

I parted my hair randomly with my fingers and flat twisted the sections. There was no real method or special techniques used, as you can see from the before pictures my sections are kinda horrible lol. I detangled my ends with a modified Denman brush and wrapped them up with flexi rods.

The next day I just unraveled the twists, doing minimal separation and picked my roots out with an afro pick.



Before





After













My ends got kind of frizzy because I didn't properly detangle the ends and I was also in a rush that morning to get to my exam. Priorities.

I love the over all look though.

To preserve the style for day two I retwisted my hair in a couple of chunky twist.



~AF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot