Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hate is a Strong Word [4]

1. changes on FB
2. "Jack in the boxes"
3. apartment shopping

I don't know if you've noticed but it seems that every other day there's a new feature or change on Facebook. They like to sneak them in thinking we won't notice, BUT WE DO!!! I am NOT amused. I want things back to they way there were. It was just last week that I realized my "status updates" weren't even real statuses anymore. They were just comments that happen to be directed at everyone and seen on peoples timeline. KIND OF LIKE TWITTER. I already have a Twitter account, I don't need another one.
Don't get me wrong there are some changes that I like [the ones with uploading pictures and the larger albums]. But the positives are few and far between. There isn't anything I can do about it, but I just thought I'd get it off my chest.




JACK IN THE BOXES... no I'm not referencing the toys or the fast food chain [that's the name right]. A "jack in the box" is a euphamism I came up with to describe someone who JACKS your swag, ideas, life, men etc etc and trys to portray them as their own. And while doing so they hide behind a fasade, either through "friendship", great distances, different cirlces of friends etc.
They're like copy cats, but scarier. Definitely add a touch of stalker to it, like the whole fan vs stan [stalker fan] thing.
Yes I know "imitation is the best form of flattery" but REALLY! Compliments, patronage, money, those are forms of flatter I can live with. Imitation is just creepy. Obviously originality, especially in our day an again is hard to come by. And I'm in no way implying that I or anyone else is the end-all-be-all of all things. But when for example I say or do something and not even an hour later the same thing [if I'm lucky slightly changed] comes up from these "Jacks" it just puts me on edge.

UGH! This is probably one of the few times I won't enjoy "shopping". I don't know maybe it's the area I'm looking in, the time frame, the price range. Whatever the reason I have NOT been enjoying this particular search. Stressed, so much going on in my life and add on to it that I need to find housing for the fall. SMH, it's not even something I can put off for too long or just not do. The only upside to this is that I'll have my own place [preferably a two bedroom so I can have a studio for my art and sewing stuff] that I can decorate however I like.

Whelp glad to have that out of the way....

-Fembot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot