Saturday, May 7, 2011

Top 5 AHOLICS [8]

Wigs
Turbans
Dark wash jeans
Curly hair
Jumpsuits [NO not the orange kind]

Wigs! I'm slowly building my collection of wigs, currently I have 4 very different ones. Curly, straight, long and short I want it all! I really want to get a lace front wig, curly and synthetic. Need to really, but in the mean time I've made a quick weave wig. It was on a whim actually, the day before I made it I had been watching Youtube videos [no surprise there] and was inspired to make one. I'm fairly creative, modest aren't I, but I'm not really good with "doing hair"-weaves, extension etc. So I was definitely apprehensive about making this one. But to my surprise it was easy and turned out FANTASTICALLY.
Before

After
Part of my new found obsession with wigs is due to the fact that my friend and I are on a hide you hair challenge. It started January 1st and is ending on the 14th of this month [our graduation]. When we made the agreement I wasn't so sure I could do it, but wigs have been a godsend. My hair has retained so much length from the reduced manipulation, I love it! I definitely will be continuing the low manipulation, wig wearing habit after the challenge is done.

Try challenging yourself to something like this, using braids, weaves, wigs, etc. Do whatever keeps your hands out of your hair and keeps hair on your head!

If you saw my first outfit of the day post/video [here] you'll know I'm loving the turban trend. I feel so, I don't know, cool in it, plus it's a great alternative to a wig or hat! Turbans just make a look that much more fabulous. I especially like using African cloths [Ankara] to tie mine, but anything will work really.
Fashion Turban
My take

Dark wash jeans, what don't they go with??? Honestly I think this particular wash compliments all body types in all cuts. Personal favorite is the straight leg/skinny jean. The best part of this wash is that it really dresses of an outfit but you still get the comfort and versatility of it being a jean.

This next one I don't have much to say, and perhaps in on the list due to my personal bias. But my blog, my list :) . Curly hair, I LOVE it. I cant rave to much about this, but I will say I wish I'd never gotten a relaxer. Honestly until I had to go natural I never really thought of an alternative to getting a perm and having straight hair. Now that I think about it, it's almost unbelievable, not that everyone should be natural, blah blah blah. Just sharing my thoughts.

It could be the 80's baby in me, but jumpsuits will always be in for me. Not that I'm really an avid follower of trends. But regardless I love them. There are so many styles of jumpsuits, and I'm going to include rompers, that everyone should be able to find one that works for them. I love black ones, brightly colored ones and especially ones with fun/bold prints. I picked up one from H & M on sale that's a leopard print so hot!


~A

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot