Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Top 5 AHOLICS [9]

We have a couple repeat offenders, but what else do you expect from addicts? Lol, the arrival of summer has really impacted this list.

1. wedges
2. maxi dresses
3. natural hair blogs
4. bright colors
5. graduations

Wedges, I'm loving these. They are definitely easier to walk in and add a touch of spring/summer to any look. Wedges work especially well as an alternative to regular heels. I think they might actually be easier to walk in. I've been wearing heels for what feels like forever so I can't be too sure. But I think they're at the least easier to balance on [because they have more surface area touching the ground].

They totally edge up a look like these gray mesh wedges, the peep toe and side foot cleavage are a sexy little touch.
I love these espadrilles from Aldo, they'd look good with a color blocked outfit or cute little sun-dress.
Ellington $70
I need this shoes [below] in my life!!! They no doubt have the Acholic Stamp of Addiction! From Aldo as well.
Forwood $70

Despite my petite stature I enjoy this style of dress. Maxi dresses can be very slimming and elongating, when done correctly. For the most part I can leave them as is because I'd wear them with wedges or shoes with some sort of heel. But if I was to pair them with flats or sandals I'd have to hem them, which is something I'd advise for all my "fun size" readers. Don't want to look like we're drowning in fabric do we, lol.

Like all other type of clothing, balancing proportions and patterns is key to making a look work [ex. keep the size of print proportionate to your body]. A different take on the Maxi dress is the Maxi skirt. I've yet to try this out, but the concept is the same. I'll just have to keep myself from drowning. Both of which I plan on making, as soon as a I get my hands on a cute fabric [will post pictures when that happens].

Another thing I love about Maxi's even though they are decidedly a summer style dress, they can definitely be carried over to spring and fall given the right accessories and layering. That is enough for me to want to buy more [like I REALLY needed a reason]!

Natural Hair Blogs- I want to go on and on about this, but I've touched on this in a previous top 5 [#7 here]. These are some NEW blogs that I've been reading faithfully and LOVE LOVE LOVE. Definitely read them. And NO you don't have to be natural to enjoy their content. All three talk about natural hair, but they also touch on fashion, beauty, and various topics relating to black women.
-K is for Kinky
-Black Girl with Long Hair
-for the Fabulous and Frugal [previously College Curlies]

When spring FINALLY rolls around we are blessed with a beautiful array of colors, and I don't mean from nature. Take a look at what everyone is wearing. Spring brings out the brightest of out wardrobes. I love it. Designers all seem to be trying to out do themselves when compared to the previous years color palettes. A new trend that highlights [pun intended] this is color blocking. Wendy [Wendy's Look Book] does a great job of color blocking, especially for those who are hesitant to try out this trend.
For the braver souls take a page from the runway and try your own versions of these looks.
I love all of these looks, especially that yellow skirt and light blue top.
Orange and pink, love it. Heart those pants.

GRADUATIONS!!!! This one is VERY obvious. I'm so excited to be done with college! Bachelors of Science in Biology!!!!!!!!! Yep I'm obsessed with my degree, to bad they don't actually give it to you on the day of graduation. But still my elation wavers not!

Thats all folks, stay tuned for more of my Top 5's. I've already started 2 more lists :) 

-Aholic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot