Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Top 5 AHOLICS [10]

~This entry was started the 17th of May~

1. iPads [1st and 2nd Gen]
2. business casual
-button down shirts
-chinos
-blazers
3. prints
4. sewing/designing
5. cake

I'm not much of a techie, but I do love shopping and having new things! I had the first generation iPad and really liked it, but in true Apple fashion the 2nd generation came out not too long after I bought mine. UGH! Which commandment was it to not covet thy neighbor's wife. Well lets just say I was more than a little envious of all the new features. As a PC girl I didn't initially see the point in yet another Apple product littering the technological market.

This hot little number was, in my opinion a large iPod at first. So what was all the buzz? Boy was I wrong. I Can 't speak for everyone but I love mine for the convenience that it brings. I used to have to lug my heavy laptop everywhere, now I can whip out my iPad if I need to check my emails or anything else. To be honest though the one downside, in terms of academic use was the lack of word processing software. [Yes there's an app for that but...eh]. Despite this my "whole life" is on there, my calendar with all my activities, easy Facebook and Twitter access, emails, everything.

If I was to rate it it would get a solid 4 out of 5 [because of price :/ ].

*****RIP S.J.*****

As a recent grad going on interviews and entering the "real world" will become common place. Along with my foray into the professional world my wardrobe must follow too. I've started buying more work appropriate attire from slacks to blazers to button down shirts. To keep with the color blocking trend I bought bright colored items (had to keep things fabulous) from chinos to different colored blazers.

I love PRINTS. They can function as the accessory to any look. Breaking up the boring solids with a print is always a great way to spice up an outfit. I'm not picky when it comes to print, be it animal (can you say CHEETAH) or floral they all are fun and fabulous. In previous posts I spoke about prints matching you stature and that definitely still holds true, especially for all over prints like in a dress. The 70's vibe from earlier in the year is holding strong this fall (but more boho: flared pants, fringe and what not). This trend utilizes print in great ways that will work for many shapes and tastes (blouses, skirts, maxi dresses and skirts, flow-y dresses...) Be sure to choose colors that are more in the jewel tones (the seasons IN colors).



These outfits from Fall 11 have that 70's vibe with some prints in jewel tones.

I'll try not bore you with this one, but I've really taken a liking to sewing and making things for myself (and now others...BABY STEPS). I especially like designing clothes, now that I have more free time I can do more and be more creative. All I need now is a dress form...SO if anyone has an extra one that they're not using I'd be happy to take it off your hands :).
Myself and a model in a swimsuit I made.
The picture above shows you print with that 70's vibe. The pants (customized) and bandeaux top are from F21 . 

I love cake! What more is there to say? I wish it was my birthday everyday just so I could have cake, not that I REALLY need a reason to have cake. But it's nice when someone else buys it lol.
Not a fan of frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot