Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Birthed from Boredom

So I'm not normally on the Internet as often as I have been this past summer, certainly not during the school year. However this summer (with no job) I've found that I have endless time on my hands, both a BURDEN and a BLESSING.

I've been able to sleep till whenever and stay up late. No homework etc. It's been FANTASTIC. But I've also been without mental stimulation (unless I'm reading) and my closest friends. In the depths of my boredom I spent my days on Facebook, which was ok, however no one else was really online, so I remained bored. I stumbled onto YouTube, which had previously been a source for music. I found that it also held an unending supply of entertainment, and information. I've learned so much, from hair and makeup tips to new yoga positions and how to naturally whiten my teeth. I was inspired by this wealth of knowledge to make my own videos.

I find that I learn/discover the most when I least expect it, and often via random occurrences/situations (i.e. being on YouTube or Google).

The bottom line is, out of my boredom and passion for journaling and reflection cam "Ramblings From a Self-Professed -AHOLIC". "AHOLIC" in terms of an obsession, or over use of (not necessarily alcohol consumption).

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot