Friday, August 21, 2009

Top 5 AHOLICs [3]

Internet Edition

5) Skype
4) Blogger
3) Youtube [F3MB0T's channel]
2) Facebook
1) Twitter [F3MB0T's profile]

These are pretty self explanatory. If you have an account or have just been on the sites you'll know, ESPECIALLY while in the depths of boredom.

Skype is like MSN Messenger or AOL messenger but with video call. or just phone calling. You can make phone calls to land lines or cell phone (at an extra cost) but all in all it's a GREAT way to stay in touch with loved ones across the country and the world.

I've known about Twitter for a LONG time, but my father being the person that he is (a computer nut) BLOCKED the site. So I couldn't get on the website at all :(. BUT while we were down in Hawaii it worked and I checked it out, and then when we got back home to the mailland I noticed that I had access to the website. I was ECSTATIC!! So I created an account. At first I wasn't that into it (as my Facebook status eventually proclaimed) and I almost deleted it. HOWEVER I stuck around for a little bit long and got HOOKED. The best part of Twitter (compared to Facebook)...I CAN UPDATE VIA MY CELL PHONE...YES [air pump]. [This was pre-smartphone]
Anyway I'm getting the hang of the tweets, tweeting and all the new lingo (# and @'s) but there is one I don't understand yet (RT) but give me time. I LOVE it.
Follow me and I'll Follow you. I'm looking for REAL people on Twitter, celebs are ok, BUT I'd prefer regular people to spammers and stars.

What Internet addictions are you enjoying? There's plenty to choose from, so take a dive.

P.S. Hawaii was FABULOUS! It definitely gets the AHOLIC stamp of ADDICTION!

-AF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot