Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Queen B

BeyonceBeyonce!

Love her, or hate her, she's still one of the baddest, most diva-lious women in the business. Did I mention her music is amazing.

Took a quick trip to Wally World [Wal-mart] to get some hair products and got my diva on wit her highness. Gettin it wit Dangerously in Love, Diva, Check On It, Yes, Single Ladies. Man so many good songs. I've been listening to just her songs for the past week and I've not only come to the obvious conclusion that she's more amazing that I thought, but also that I want NEED to go to one of her concerts.

Glad the queen found herself a good king too, so many celebs are in romantic funks, break up after break up. I feel bad for them love's tough.

But back to Beyonce "Mrs Hova Diva" Knowles/Sasha Fierce. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her last album [I am Sasha Fierce], it was hot, banging, stellar, rad, cool, whatever lingo you want to use. Because basically it was that DEAL.

Sweet Dream- Listen

If you haven't heard the album, sorry to say you're not only missing out, but seriously behind the times. It released early this year and did well. The whole cd bangs [is good], for me there aren't too may cd's that I like all or a majority of the songs, this, last summer's Tha Carter III, and Kelly Clackson's Breakaway album were some of them.

Oh and people hating on her acting ability. I'd like to see you do better, and even if you can [which I seriously doubt] you'd still never do it like B. Not saying she's the best, but she's not as bad as Paris Hilton in House of Wax [THAT was bad]. Still need to see Obsessed!

On a side note, does anyone else miss Destiny's Child? I do :( actually I miss a lot of 90's girl bands. Where have they gone? Girl bands in general? Everyone seems destinysChildto busy trying to do THEMSELVES and be solo that there's no time for harmonizing. What happened to Danity Kane? Pussycat Dolls [not that I liked them, just an example]? What's sad is that I can't name anymore, because I don't know anymore.

I have nothing against boy band, or mixed groups, or solo artists, and I'm not implying that only girl groups empowered women, independence, sexuality and all that other good stuff. BUT there was just something FUN about being wit your friends and choosing a girl to be and lip sync etc, think SPICE GIRLS. I don't know, I guess I'm just weird like that.

 

More Rockin' Divas

no particular order

Keri Hilson aka Miss Keri Baby

Pink

Celine Dion

Alicia Keys

Erykah Badu

Indie.Arie

Norah Jones

 

Youtube [or Google] them and check out some of their stuff if you've never heard it.

 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot