Friday, September 4, 2009

runnin on E!

E as in excitement, not empty or ecstasy (although that doesn’t sound to bad, not the drug, but the feeling, i don’t do drugs).

flapperI was shopping with my mother today. Had fun and literally bought a truck load of stuff for my room & bathroom. My color scheme is red/burgundy, cream and brown-y-black. Think Parisian/flapper themed posters etc. I haven’t gotten any paintings and knick-knacks to tie in the room, but I will once I’m settled. I’ll probably stray from the theme, just cuz that’s how I am, but that’s ok.

Today is my mother’s birthday she’s in her late 40’s and I baked her a cake. I’m so sweet, just like the cake was mmm. It’s sad that the ONLY baking I did all summer was the night before I left. I LOVE baking. I’m not really a cook, if you give me a recipe I can follow it and it’ll turn out great, but I can’t cook from memory yet. Just a week or two ago my mom taught me how to make stew and jellof rice [Nigerian cuisine] so that I could make it when I got to school. Can you image, I’ve been eating this stuff since I was a baby and I’m JUST now learning to make it. But it’s a good thing I don’t only intend on marrying a Nigerian man, cuz he’ll be sorely mistaken if he thinks I’m the only one going to be cooking.

But yeah, we shopped till we dropped, mostly from hunger. Then got our nails done. Two of my nails are chipping from all the hard labor that I’ve done since I got home :( [I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS].

Just got off the phone with my bf, and while I was talking to him I googled this light bulb that I need for my lamp. SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY I SHOULD PAY $30 FOR A FRICKEN LIGHT BULB! I can buy a whole NEW lamp for that much, GEEZ! If I don’t get a new lamp, I’ll just make my dad pay for the bulb since HE bought me the lamp. MAN!

I’m leaving at 5:30pm and won’t get to the cities till around 8pm…then there’s a party my friends and I want to go to at 11pm…WOW I have no time to do what I need to do.

Anyway I’m going to go start my laundry and trudge through the mess I call a room…

Next post…Top 5 AHOLICs (hopefully, I have the list just have to detail it…to lazy)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot