Monday, March 14, 2011

Top 5 AHOLICs [7]

My first set of "-aholics" this year, and they are

  1. Netflix
  2. Say Yes to the Dress
  3. Natural Hair Blogs
  4. Thrift Stores
  5. Carmex
The first was a no brainer, I went from 1 Month Free Trial to subscriber. I've always loved Netflix, because my family has been members since forever ago, when the packages were better and cheaper. But my boyfriend and I a couple months ago decided to sign-up for our own account.
I have watched countless movies and TV shows, discovered new faves and reconnected with old ones. All in all a GREAT investment, esp since I can watch it on my TV and on whatever mobile [Wi-fi enabled] device I'm on. I'd definitely recommend it, at least the free trial.
Two thumbs WAAAAAAAAY up.

Say Yes to the Dress, for those who don't know, is a TLC show about a high-end Bridal boutique in NY [Kleinfelds, where I've officially decided I will buy my wedding dress from]. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show, I've come to the conclusion that I love everything wedding related.
This show is so addicting, I used to watch it on TV and get mad when I missed an episode or if a re-run came on. But now that I have Netflix I can watch all the seasons instantly AMAZING!



Natural Hair Blogs, well I'm natural so obviously reading them is a benefit to me. I can refer to these blogger for info on products, hair styles etc. all without have to inconvenience myself with the whole "trial and error" thing. It's fantastic, plus I meet a lot of new people on the blogs and interacting and learning about other peoples hair journeys is great.
Some that I read and follow faithfully

Number four, what more can I say. I love bargains, and some of the best places to find bargains are at Thrift stores. You can find great things from 80's jewelry, over-sized men's sweaters, vintage wedding dresses and REAL fur coats [sorry PETA] just to name a few. Check out my next haul post for some stuff I picked up recently. You can try:
  • GoodWill
  • Salvation Army
  • St Vincent de Paul [my personal fav]
  • Garage sales
  • and others

Seeing as it's winter, well sort of, dry lips are a problem for me. I hate having dry lips, I can never focus if my lips are chapped and Carmex has been my savior these past couple of weeks [I lost my Cherry Chapstick].
My lab partner told me that the reason Carmex was so addicting was because they put glass fibers into the chapstick preventing other lip balms from working. I'm a little skeptical but you never know these days.




What are some of your latest addictions? What do you think of mine?

-Aholic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot