Tuesday, May 10, 2011

menswear, androgyny & Jenelle Monae...OTTD [2]

This is an outfit from last Friday that I wore. If you didn't tie in the title and the picture, take a second look.
The SHOES

Necklace
Top: F21- $8.90
Pants: H&M- $7
Necklace: Charlotte Russe- $1.99
Shoes: Goodwill/Target- $4

I love those shoes and have only gotten a chance to wear them twice. But I loved the pairing. That necklace! I nearly fainted when I found it on sale, it was the LAST ONE!!! It was a cute little feminine touch to the menswear look. I was definitely feeling myself that day, #swag.

Despite the fact that the world is filled with double standards, in my opinion women totally benefit from one. And that's androgyny [fashion wise], I love that women can pull of menswear and still look sexy and sophisticated. This however isn't always the case for men, sorry guys. It's only fair since we got saddled with childbirth and menstruation.

Just kidding, well...anyway menswear is just another facet of open for exploration. Take some inspirations form there starlets...

Menswear gone [all the way] WRONG! YIKES!
Sorry RiRi, try again
Celine- that voice :) ...this suit :(
They missed the mark...but they your bold enough to do it. That counts for something, right?

On to the next one...

The queen, or king if we're going off attire, of menswear is Jenelle Monae.
Jenelle looking spicy in this white tux jacket.
If you're able, try and find a picture of her in a dress. She calls it her uniform, best looking one I've seen! Whether or not you like her style or thinks she's this or that, you certainly can't deny that she can sing.
Tightrope- Jenelle Monae (Ft B.o.B & Lupe Fiasco)

-acholic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot