Friday, September 21, 2012

Daily Dose [5]

I decided that I wont be doing DD's on the Sunday...shrug. Well I wont COMMIT to it but if I do  post one consider it a bonus.

Today was a great day! TGIF to the MAX!!! Hope you guys are enjoying your day as well and have an AWESOME weekend.

Anyway on to the DD.

Green looks


BeatFaceHoney- Forrest Green Fall Eyeshadow


I dont know if anyone was aware (or cares) but apparently Solonge is no longer representing Carol's Daughter...read more here (via Confessions of a Blog Vixen) & here (via BGLH).

Here's an exurpt from an interview she did with Lurve Magazine.
On so much attention being focused on her Hair
I’m actually really trying to navigate my feelings on the entire hair issue and it’s tough doing that publicly.  On one hand, I can’t ignore the fact that I have done things that have put attention on my hair with going on Oprah and being apart of Carol’s Daughter.
I was asked to go on Oprah on an episode that was dedicated to Black Hair, and to speak about why I cut my hair. I honestly thought, “Number one, it’s Oprah, and who wouldn’t want to go on Oprah and meet her?!?!  She’s amazing! But also, I thought if I addressed it then, then maybe I wouldn’t have to on that level again.
I spoke about how I felt like my hair was holding me back in some ways from fully utilizing my life, in terms of the time, energy and money I was spending. I also remember very clearly saying that this was the phase I am in at the time and that if I wanted to wear a weave down to my calves–when and if that time came–I very much so would. I still feel that way now. I realize for some people that this was a big turning point in terms of how they saw me.
I’m actually no longer a part of Carol’s Daughter, but throughout my entire time working with them, I was constantly fighting for the right message to be heard. The message that, the way we wear our hair is a personal choice, there’s no right or wrong way; one way doesn’t make us more intelligent, or more superficial, and every one makes that choice for very different reasons.

On the time she vented on twitter after reading an article about her hair:
I made some comments on Twitter recently about an article someone sent me that a young writer wrote about how much energy we are putting into other people’s natural hair. I thought it was really interesting, and in a lot of ways true.  That is until I came across the part of the article that mentioned how certain commenters were debating on the texture of my hair in its natural state.
I really, truly was not even aware that there was a natural hair system in place to measure the texture of your hair.  At that point I thought to myself, “This is really kind of crazy…that these people know more about my hair than the human that even carries it!”  I went to my Twitter and sort of impulsively expressed that. I don’t regret it one bit but sometimes trying to put how you feel in an one-hundred forty character structure is not very successful. It sometimes comes off as ranty and aggressive, and that was not my stance at all.

That's all folks. MUAH

AF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot