Sunday, August 30, 2009

Top 5 AHOLICs [4]

It's that time again! You know, when I shamelessly tell you all the things that I'm currently addicted to. Yep, THAT time. LOL.
5) Weave
4) Curly hair
3) Purse dogs
2) Teen heartthrobs
1) 80's remakes

Man, so a lot of you are probably MAD that WEAVE is on my list. But, and I hate to swear on here, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN! I LOVE weave, but don't get it twisted I LOVE my natural hair MORE. I just appreciated it's versatility is all. I like having the ability to have my natural shoulder length hair one minute and 2-4 hours later mid back, blond hair. It's fun and exciting and a great way to protect my hair, and even if it wasn't I'd still do it.
SO IF YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE GUNG-HO PEOPLE WHO THINK WEAVE IS THE DEVIL AND BLACK WOMEN ARE GIVING INTO SOME CONVOLUTED IDEAL THAT THE FEMALE IMAGE IS BASED ON "EUROPEAN" IMAGE OF BEAUTY , OR THAT I'M DEMEANING MYSELF AND HAVE LOW SELF-ESTEEM THEN YOU CAN TAKE THAT BULLSHIT AND SHOVE IT UP YOU'RE HIGH HORSE-NOSE IN THE AIR-TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL-PEDESTAL SITTING ASS CUZ I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!
I am not a naturals are better than perms person, especially when most naturals started out WITH perms, don't EVER forget that. And maybe they [naturals who started out with perms] realized a natural path would be better for THEIR hair but some people don't feel that way. So long as YOUR hair is healthy, natural or otherwise then you are GOOD. Leave others be PERIOD! Sorry that got so long.
I don't even know if anyone REALLY reads this [if you do nob your head, lol, not that that really helps me, but...]curly

Curly hair, not much to say about this one other than I love it. Probably a biased opinion because my hair is curly, but hey it's MY BLOG and MY LIST so suck on that. Lol, VERY juvenile.

yorkies
I LOVE puppies and kittens and pretty much all babies of any animal. They're SOOO cute. So the best part about purse dogs is that they basically stay the size of puppies they're WHOLE life. That and I think I have a little Paris Hilton in me, the dog loving side, not the sexing tape making, crotch showing, celeb-beefing side.

"Teen" Heartthrobs, I need not explain this just a mini list [keyword was teen, so if they seem young to you that's cuz your old, jk, I'm getting there too though!]

zac-efron
  • Zac Efron
  • Shia LaBouef
  • Chace Crawford
  • I guess the WHOLE cast of Twilight etc (even though I haven't actually seen the movies)
  • Nick Jonas (I had to do it)
  • Soulja Boy (NOT apologizing for that one)
  • Elijah Kelley ( Hairspray, Take the Lead)
  • Micheal Cera (Superbad, Juno etc if you didn't know)
  • William Moseley (The oldest Brother from Narnia)
  • ...and the list goes on
Ok, so we had the summer of the trilogy completion [ Pirates of the Caribbean, Spiderman, etc] we had the summer of Super Hero movies [Iron Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four] you get my drift. I'm just waiting for the wave of 80's remakes! I'm just BARELY an 80's baby [born in 1989] but I LOVE the clothes, some of the hair, and the movies. It's just part of who I am [which is totally awesome!!] So far they're redoing Footloose [which was amazing the first time around, Kevin Bacon YUM] with Chace Crawford (my heart breaks everytime i think about the fact that Zac Efron dropped the role, like REALLY breaks. Also FAME, so excited for that one! Front row, there's just something about teens singing and dancing that gets me excited. Karate Kid is also in the works, I hope the original Mr Miyagi is alive to make a cameo! Hairspray was AMAZING fyi.
Remakes I'd LOVE to see
  • Pretty in Pink *
  • Breakfast Club *
  • Sixteen Candles *
  • Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead
  • Honey I Shrunk the Kids
  • Flashdance *
  • Fast Times and Ridgemont High
  • Dead Poets Society
  • Beetlejuice *
  • Farris Buellers Day Off *
  • A Christmas Story *
  • Ghostbusters
  • Just One of the Guys
  • The NeverEnding Story
  • The Princess Bride *
  • Risky Business *
  • Say Anything *
  • Teen Witch
  • Weird Science *
fame
Yeah the list is long, but I DID say I loved the 80's lol, and that's why it's number one. I missed ALOT but these are the main ones and the ones with asterisk (*) as the ones I REALLY want to see remade.

Caio for now.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Leave your blog addy so I check it out if I haven't already. Love sharing style and information.

~Addicted Fembot